We are currently looking to employ a Design Engineer – Infrastructure to join our civil engineering team based in Old Street, London.
A design engineer who will collaborate with other building professionals to produce civil engineering design for various projects throughout the UK and internationally.
An attractive package including pension, 25 days holiday and other benefits. Depending on experience and skill set, we are able to offer a position with the suitable seniority. Permanent position with excellent prospects of career progression. Salary negotiable.
- Responsible for civil engineering design of projects from inception to completion in commercial, health, retail, industrial, education and other sectors, with projects based in the UK and internationally
- Producing the detailed design to meet with design and construction programmes
- Liaising with other disciplines and ensuring the coordination of design and detailing work appropriate to the project
- Reporting to associate/senior engineer depending upon the project and the individual
- Good degree in Structural / Civil Engineering
- Sound knowledge of civil engineering design in drainage and highways. Experience in other areas, such as traffic assessment and geotechnics, would also be beneficial
- Computer literate with knowledge of design and analysis programs, in particular MicroDrainage and Civils3D
- AutoCAD/MicroStation knowledge would be beneficial
- Understanding of the CDM Regulations and designers responsibilities
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Experience, competency and flexibility to rise to challenging situations and take on responsibility appropriate to capacity
- It is expected that the successful candidate will have 1 to 3 years' experience in the area of civil engineering