As part of our plans for future growth, we are looking to employ a director of infrastructure to join and lead our infrastructure team based in Old Street, London.
AKT II is currently looking for a director of infrastructure to join our progressive design-led consultancy which, over recent years, has been recognised as one of the most successful cutting-edge practices in its field, collaborating with architects, developers and contractors both in the UK and internationally. Formed in 1996, we have grown consistently on the back of a reputation for innovation, creativity and delivery, and, as a consequence, have won numerous awards.
This is an opportunity to progress your career as well as tackle the challenge of developing a high performing infrastructure team that will form part of the future plans of the wider company to develop into an interdisciplinary engineering business, which also now includes the businesses of Hilson Moran and Tyréns UK which cover building/infrastructure services and master/urban planning respectively.
What is the role?
We are currently looking for a highly motivated chartered engineer to assist in the management and development of our infrastructure business, reporting to a board director.
As a senior member of staff your responsibilities will include the following:
- Client care and business development
- Management of the team and projects
- Financial performance and control
- Technical performance and support to the infrastructure team
- Development of new skills, technology and ways of working
- Promoting and developing interdisciplinary working across the company
You will need to possess an excellent technical background across many areas of infrastructure, be a good communicator and team worker and be able to demonstrate experience in business development and managing and leading projects across a range of industry sectors. You will need to be enthusiastic, pro-active and able to work on your own initiative and be open to change and continual improvement.
We'd like to here from you if you have
- Approximately 20+ years experience in the field of infrastructure
- A recognised engineering degree
- Chartered with the relevant institutions
- Relevant experience of business development, plus the management and delivery of design for infrastructure projects
- A good grounding as a general practitioner is also essential, with a thorough understanding of the interaction required with other disciplines. The ability to integrate well into wider project teams is essential working closely with clients, architects and other construction professionals to develop designs from early concept stage through to final construction stage
- A familiarity with relevant design codes
- As an individual of high calibre, you will have had exposure to clients, designers, project managers and contractors. Through the effectiveness of your technical design and management, you should be able to demonstrate how these relationships have led to the delivery of excellence and the development of client relationships
What we offer
- A competitive salary
- A comprehensive benefits package
- An environment which allows you to develop your knowledge and experience
- Technically challenging projects that will strengthen and challenge your skills
- A supportive and friendly team, based in an excellent working environment where everyone is respected and shares in our success