We are currently looking to employ a Geotechnical Engineer to join our civil engineering team, based in Old Street, London.
What is the role?
Responsible for the specialist geotechnical engineering aspects of design projects from inception to completion in commercial, health, retail, industrial, education and other sectors.
Supporting the senior geotechnical engineer and assisting in developing a Geotechnical team within the wider Infrastructure team, including the supervision and training of design engineers in the field of geotechnical engineering.
The role requires attendance at project meetings, liaison with the structural design team and other disciplines, production and supervision of detailed designs and specification to meet with design and construction programmes and coordination of geotechnical design and detailing work appropriate to the project. It also requires contribution to internal management of projects and associated resourcing appropriate to experience and capability.
We'd like to hear from you if you have
- Experience in producing specifications for site investigation works and testing.
- Experience in producing geotechnical and geoenvironmental interpretative reports based upon analysis of factual site investigation data and test results.
- Sound knowledge of geotechnical analysis and design methods across a range of soil types covering ordinary and piled rafts, other forms of spread footing, piles, retaining walls, deep excavations, ground improvement, dewatering and slope stability.
- Experience incorporating soil-structure interaction within geotechnical analysis.
- Experience in dealing with contaminated ground conditions, including specification of remediation.
- Computer literate with knowledge of relevant design and analysis programmes, including 2D and 3D geotechnical FEM analysis programmes (e.g. Plaxis 2D and 3D), halfspace models (e.g. HASE / PDisp) and contouring programmes (e.g. XDisp).
- Experience in undertaking impact assessments on utilities, infrastructure and third party structures.
- Working towards or ideally Chartered Engineer, either ICE or IStructE.
- It is expected that the successful candidate will have at least 3 years experience in the area of geotechnical engineering.
- The ideal applicant will be able to demonstrate their experience, competency and flexibility to rise to challenging situations and take on responsibility appropriate to their capability.