We are looking to employ a graduate civil engineer to join our team based in Old Street, London.
What are you looking for?
Are you an aspiring graduate civil engineer looking to join a progressive design-led consultancy? Do you want to be part of a team delivering high-quality projects throughout the UK and in more than 40 countries worldwide?
Are you keen to be part of an open office environment that encourages you to think freely and share ideas? At AKT II our track record demonstrates our ability to listen, understand, learn and apply technical skills: all key components of effective engineering.
As a graduate you can bring a fresh perspective to our extensive experience, covering the commercial, residential, retail, leisure, educational, health and transportation sectors of the market, collaborating with market-leading architects, developers and contractors.
All in a day's work
As a graduate civil engineer in our London office, you will be responsible for the infrastructure engineering design of projects from inception to completion, producing the detailed design to meet the design and construction programmes, liaising with other members of the team and ensuring the co-ordination of design and detailing work required on the project.
Typical responsibilities could include:
- Assisting in preparing the designs, specifications, etc., for the project
- Preparing reports
- Conducting routine inspection on the site to identify any potential problems
- Checking plans, designs and quantities for accuracy
- Co-ordinating with the other concerned professionals like architects, surveyors, contractors, etc.
- Analysing problems and developing innovative solutions
As you gain experience and seniority, you will take on more responsibility and deal with more complex tasks like managing other engineers, advanced design and analysis work and the management of projects, etc.
What we look for
We welcome people who are intellectually curious, entrepreneurial and agile; people who are not afraid to go beyond their comfort zone and want to work at the forefront of their profession as well as:
- A passion for civil engineering
- A creative approach to problem-solving
- Good communication skills
- Flexibility to the needs of projects and the business
- Ability to build relationships and get on with people
What we offer
- A competitive salary
- An environment which allows you to develop your knowledge and experience
- Technically challenging projects that will strengthen and challenge your skills
- Support towards professional accreditation and career development opportunities
- An active CPD programme
- Training to achieve Chartered Membership in your discipline with an assigned ‘buddy’ to help you settle in during the first few weeks and months
- Membership fees to a recognised institution and professional body where such membership is directly related to the business
- A comprehensive benefits package
- A supportive and friendly team, based in an excellent working environment where everyone is respected and shares in our success
- The company supports a wide range of social and personal development activities, such as sports groups, design presentations, charitable activities, competitions, excursions, talks by guest speakers and industry events.
- A relevant degree in BEng in civil engineering at a high grade
- High level of technical competence
- Computer literate, some knowledge of design and analysis programmes would be an advantage
- Good analytical and technical skills
- Ability to work in a team environment
- An interest in the built environment
- Competency and flexibility to rise to challenging situations and take on responsibility
- Well planned and organised in your approach to work and meeting deadlines