We are currently looking to employ an IMS Manager to join our team based in Old Street, London.
An attractive package including pension, 25 days holiday and other benefits. Depending on experience and skill set, we are able to offer a position with the suitable seniority. Permanent position. Salary negotiable.
This ideal candidate for this post must be motivated, organised and flexible, with a can-do attitude:
- Manage and coordinate aspects of the company’s IMS
- Participate in external audits, indicating corrective action where appropriate
- Assist with implementation, management and continual improvement of IMS that suits the business and is compliant with and accredited to BS EN ISO 9001 for Quality Management; BS EN ISO 14001 for Environmental Management; BS OHSAS 18001 for Occupational Health & Safety Management
- Plan the annual auditing, monitoring and review of projects to check compliance and manage business risk across AKT II’s wider business. Use established audit checklists and arrange audit schedule to track.
- Maintain external accreditations
- Monitor AKT II’s external memberships, such as Constructionline
- Identify system weaknesses and suggest new procedures to strengthen it
- Maintenance of relevant AKT II Policy documents
- Maintenance of IMS specific documents
- Support maintenance of relevant AKT II Non-technical Procedures
- Monitor, update and maintenance of AKT II Intranet
- Assist with control of AKT II standard documents via the network and maintain controlled project toolkit on Intranet
- Assist with the management of supplier records and approval process via AKT II PQQ
- Organising/attending/spot-checking and scoring monthly team audits in line with DNV accreditation
AKT II Projects
- Track technical review calendar and attend project technical reviews to document
- Support teams to keep project plans up-to-date
- Assist with management and document SHEQ, legal and HR related information for bids, submissions, tenders, pre-quals, including all competency requests/CDM competency requests and annual sub-consultant approvals from clients
- Assist with management and publishing of key IMS information
- The ideal applicant will be able to demonstrate their experience, competency and flexibility to rise to challenging situations and take on responsibility as appropriate to the role and their capabilities
- 5+ years of relevant experience is required, working in a similar role.
- Experience of work in a structural and civil engineering consultancy office would be an advantage
- Appropriate training will be provided for suitable candidates
- Ability to challenge behaviour to drive improvement
- Approachable and encouraging
- High level of accuracy and precision
- Excellent personnel management skills
- Ability to effectively interact at all levels of the business
- Knowledge of the engineering/construction industry
- Relevant/related degree level education (i.e. engineering desirable)