We are seeking to employ CAD Technicians to work within our London-based office.
What is the role?
As a CAD Technician, you will be an integral part of a young and dynamic design team, working on some of the most exciting and complex projects throughout the UK and worldwide. As part of the engineering team, you will support engineering design projects from inception to practical completion in commercial, health, retail, industrial, education, hotels, leisure and other specialist sectors.
AKT II has delivered a wide variety of projects both inside and outside of the UK, including several high-profile projects. See our projects here: https://akt-uk.com/projects
Your responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- The preparation of general CAD drawings using Revit/AutoCAD and other propriety design software in accordance with the companies CAD procedure.
- The preparation and updating of the 3D CAD Model.
- The preparation of engineering drawings and submissions.
- Assist the wider team to adhere to BIM Execution Plan and BIM project workflow criteria as per Company guidelines.
- Assisting in scheduling and maintaining a drawing programme to meet the Client’s time frame.
- Collaborate and Coordinate with other disciplines design-changes and model challenges.
- Comply with the project IMS, CDM regulations and other relevant Safety and Environmental legislation where relevant
- Assisting with the production of project documentation.
- Manage the AKT II drawing control and filing systems.
- Using client based intranet and common data environment sites to upload and retrieve drawings.
- Day-to-day support of the wider engineering team.
We’d like to hear from you if you
- Have a sound knowledge of concrete and steel building structures, as well as experience in other structural materials
- As well as have a sound knowledge of CAD Software, Revit is highly desirable
- Are committed to continued education and improvement through on-the-job learning and training opportunities.
- Have knowledge/experience in interoperability between applications.
- Have the ability to demonstrate attention to detail.
- Have the ability to think in a methodical way to design, plan and organize parts of projects.
- Have good analytical skills
- Have the ability to work in a team environment
Qualifications / Experience
- Qualifications in STEM subjects preferred.
- A degree or HND / HNC in Construction & Built Environment desirable.
- 3-7 years experience is envisaged for this role.
- Experience, competence and flexibility to rise to challenging situations and take on responsibility appropriate to their capability.
- You will have the opportunity over time to assume greater levels of responsibility and autonomy as your professional skills develop, you will be supported through working towards a recognised qualification.