We are seeking to employ Civil Design Engineers (Infrastructure) to work within our London based office.
What is the role?
The position would be best suited to an experienced civil design engineer - infrastructure, with a desire to work alongside an innovative group within a design-led company. You would be working within our London office, based in Shoreditch, with a team of engineers working on many different projects both inside and outside the UK.
AKT II has delivered a wide variety of projects, and our current workload includes several high-profile projects. See our project page for examples: https://akt-uk.com/projects
Your responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Responsible for civil engineering aspects of design projects from inception to completion in a range of sectors, including commercial, industrial and education (among others) both in the UK and internationally.
- Producing detailed designs to meet with design and construction programmes.
- Liaising with other disciplines and ensuring the co-ordination of design and detailing work appropriate to projects.
We’d like to hear from you if you
- Have a sound knowledge of civil engineering design in drainage and highways. Experience in other areas such as traffic assessment and geotechnics would also be beneficial.
- Are computer literate with knowledge of design and analysis programmes, in particular, MicroDrainage and Civls3D.
- Having autoCAD/MicroStation knowledge would be beneficial
- Have an understanding of the CDM Regulations and designers responsibilities.
- Have the ability to work in a team environment
Qualifications / Experience
- Good degree in Structural / Civil Engineering
- Experience, competency and flexibility to rise to challenging situations and take on responsibility appropriate to their capability.
- It is expected that the successful candidate will have 1 to 3 years’ experience in the area of Civil Engineering.