We are seeking to employ Geotechnical Engineers to work within our London-based office.
What is the role?
The position would be best suited to a geotechnical engineer with a desire to work alongside an innovative group within a design-led company. You would be working within our London office, based in Shoreditch, with a team of geotechnical engineers working on many different projects both inside and outside of the UK.
AKT II has delivered a wide variety of projects, and our current workload includes several high-profile projects. See our project page for examples: https://akt-uk.com/projects
Your responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Responsible for the specialist geotechnical engineering aspects of design projects from inception to completion in a range of sectors, including commercial, industrial and education (among others).
- Supporting the senior geotechnical engineer and assisting in developing a geotechnical team, within the wider infrastructure team, including the supervision and training of design engineers in the field of geotechnical engineering.
- Attending project meetings and liaising with the structural design team and other disciplines on the production and supervision of detailed designs and specifications to meet with design and construction programmes and coordination of geotechnical design and detailing work appropriate to the project.
- Contribution to internal management of projects and associated resourcing appropriate to experience and capability.
We’d like to hear from you if you have
- Experience in producing specifications for site investigation works and testing.
- Experience in producing geotechnical and geoenvironmental interpretative reports based upon analysis of factual site investigation data and test results
- Sound knowledge of geotechnical analysis and design methods across a range of soil types covering ordinary and piled rafts, other forms of spread footing, piles, retaining walls, deep excavations, ground improvement, dewatering and slope stability.
- Experience incorporating soil-structure interaction within geotechnical analysis.
- Experience in dealing with contaminated ground conditions, including specification of remediation.
- Are computer literate with knowledge of relevant design and analysis programmes, including 2D and 3D geotechnical FEM analysis programmes (eg Plaxis 2D and 3D), halfspace models (eg HASE / PDisp) and contouring programmes (eg XDisp).
- Experience in undertaking impact assessments on utilities, infrastructure and third party structures.
Qualities / Experience
- Working towards or ideally Chartered Engineer, either ICE or IStructE.
- The ideal applicant will be able to demonstrate their experience, competency and flexibility to rise to challenging situations and take on responsibility appropriate to their capability.
- It is expected that the successful candidate will have at least 3 years experience in the area of Geotechnical Engineering.