We are seeking to employ Graduate Design Engineers to work within our Manchester-based office.
What is the role?
As a Graduate Design Engineer in our Manchester office, you will be responsible for the structural engineering design of projects from inception to completion, producing the detailed design to meet the design and construction programmes, liaising with other members of the team and ensuring the co-ordination of design and detailing work required on the project.
AKT II works on many structural projects both inside and outside of the UK. You can see some examples of our high profile work, right here: https://akt-uk.com/projects
Reporting to a Senior Engineering, your responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Carrying out structural surveys of building/desk studies.
- Preparation of detailed design calculations to British Standards, Eurocodes and relevant design guidance notes using relevant 3D software packages.
- Contribution to the production of technical reports.
- Design calculations in 3D software packages.
- Assist in the preparation of conceptual and outline designs for structural schemes.
- Responding to client requests for information.
- Day-to-day support to colleagues from other disciplines within the office.
- Attend team meetings with both internal and external disciplines, where relevant.
We’d like to hear from you if you
- Have experience of structural design in concrete and steel structures, as well as experience in other structural materials.
- Are computer literate with knowledge of design and analysis programmes.
- Have a desire to work constructively in a team, finding holistic building design solutions
- Have experience of working with Eurocodes and British Standards.
- Have an understanding of the CDM Regulations and designers' responsibilities.
- Have good analytical skills
- Are computer literate
- Have the ability to work in a team environment
- Have an interest in good Architecture
Qualifications / Experience
- A good degree in Structural / Civil Engineering
- Experience, competency and flexibility to rise to challenging situations and take on responsibility appropriate to their capability
- You will have the opportunity over time to assume greater levels of responsibility and autonomy as your professional skills develop, and you will be supported towards Chartership through IStructE / ICE