We are seeking to employ Graduate Structural Engineers to work within our Manchester-based office.
What is the role?
As a Graduate Structural Engineer in our Manchester office, you will be responsible for the structural engineering design of projects from inception to completion, producing the detailed design to meet the design and construction programmes, liaising with other members of the team and ensuring the co-ordination of design and detailing work required on the project.
AKT II works on many structural projects both inside and outside of the UK. You can see some examples of our high profile work, right here: https://akt-uk.com/projects
Your responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Assisting in preparing the designs, specifications, etc., for the project
- Preparing reports
- Conducting routine inspection on the site to identify any potential problems
- Checking plans, designs and quantities for accuracy
- Co-ordinating with the other concerned professionals like architects, surveyors, contractors, etc.
- Analysing problems and developing innovative solutions
We’d like to hear from you if you
- Have a passion for structural engineering
- Take a creative approach to problem-solving
- Have good communication skills
- Can act flexibility to the needs of projects and the business
- Have the ability to build relationships and get on with people
Qualifications / Experience
- A relevant degree in BEng in structural engineering at a high grade.
- A high level of technical competence.
- Computer literate, some knowledge of design and analysis programmes would be an advantage.
- Good analytical and technical skills.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- An interest in the built environment.
- Competency and flexibility to rise to challenging situations and take on responsibility.
- Well planned and organised in your approach to work and meeting deadlines.