We are seeking to employ a Senior Bid Manager to work within our London office.
What is the role?
AKT II is seeking a Bid Manager to help support the leadership team with management of bid submissions. We are now looking for a vibrant individual with attention to detail and a flair for creativity. The role is full time, based in Central London and is a great opportunity for a proactive, open-minded individual, who can hit the ground running.
Reporting to the Strategic Marketing Director you will play a critical role in supporting growth through planning, managing and delivering successful bids for AKT II and interdisciplinary bid submissions within the wider UK group.
For your profile to be successful you will have a strong professional services background (built environment desired) and extensive senior stakeholder management skills. It's essential to have previously held Bid Manager roles and be working at an experienced manager level. You will be confident, enthusiastic, and have a proactive mindset. It's important that you are able to support a rapidly growing business and can adapt to change.
For more information on AKT II and the type of projects the practice is involved with please refer to our website www.akt-uk.com/projects
This is a highly networked role, delivering bids across multiple sectors and disciplines, and has been created through growth. Most importantly we need someone who is flexible and open to changing priorities and managing multiple tasks simultaneously within compressed timeframes.
As the Bid Manager your responsibilities will include, but not be limited to, the following:
- Developing a bid strategy
- Execution of the strategy
- Managing and coordinating the bid process, documents and input required
- Writing and submitting the bid
- Creating and facilitating post-tender presentations
- Identifying and continually updating bid content and style to ensure that the business remains a market leader in bid submissions.
- Lead the development of a proposal structure, setting timescales for tender responses, and ensuring internal deadlines are met.
- Working in collaboration with Directors within the firm to complete bids and project competitions -ensuring/creating correct materials are used (including CVs, project profiles, case- studies, technical answers, graphics…etc).
- Liaise with all parts of the business to obtain the latest information and coordinate input into bid responses.
- Answering plan/storyboard with the team to understand the question or scoring mechanisms and set a clear path for the bid team to deliver in line with your strategy.
- Review and edit technical content for structure, completeness, compliance, and organisational consistency.
- Create and maintain an up-to-date library of information for use in rapid tender responses.
- Create and maintain the bid trackers with up to date information
- Lead bid de-brief and content meetings with the management team
- Management of multiple tender portals, registering expressions of interest, submitting tender/PQQ returns and posting/receiving queries
- Liaise with staff in all departments to collate technical information to use in pre-qualification questionnaires (PQQ), responses to invitations to tender (ITT) and business proposals
- Work with the wider Marketing team within the business strategy as required
- Ensure compliance with tender return instructions
- Assisting in other Marketing activities as required
We’d like to hear from you if you have:
- A passion for architecture and design and is confident with a strong background in a similar environment
- Proven capability in delivering winning, multi-million-pound products or complex service opportunities
- Experience of bid campaign management from opportunity identification through to project delivery
- Intermediate graphic design skills - proficiency in the use of desktop publishing software such as InDesign (Advanced) and Adobe Acrobat
- Intermediate Word and Excel skills
- Ability to build professional and amenable relationships with colleagues at all levels
- Ability to communicate and influence staff at a senior level
- Impeccable writing, editing and proofreading skills
- Faultless organisation skills and ability to meet multiple deadlines
- Ability to manage complex and multi-work stream opportunities
- Self-motivation and the ability to work using your own initiative
- Confident when working under pressure and, at times, working to very short deadlines
- The ability to recognises the need to work flexibly to meet bid deadlines
- At least 4-5 years’ experience in bid management for an architecture or engineering firm would be advantageous.