We are seeking to employ a software developer to work within our p.art team at our London-based office.
What is the role?
The role is best suited to an experienced software developer who is looking for a new opportunity to work on developing custom software within the AKT II digital toolkit framework (re.AKT). The role requires researching into data-driven design, material and digital simulation, complex geometry, simulation, computer graphics, artificial vision, IOT developing interactive tools for design and manufacture.
Reporting to Associate/Associate Director, as a software developer your responsibilities shall include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Coding/development work.
- BIM and Computation platform extensions.
- Interoperability tools.
- Cloud-based analysis engines (performance, environmental, spatial, etc).
- Web dashboards and data visualisation.
- Mobile development (iOS, Android).
- Project-specific applications.
- Technical software design for bespoke solutions and integrations.
- Mentoring junior developers.
- Provide training and guidance to engineers within the office, in order to improve deployment and usage of the developed software solutions within the common workflows of AKT II.
- Support with the development and securing of projects and some client interaction during delivery.
- Supporting delivery and improving software development lifecycle and processes.
We’d like to hear from you if you
- Have strong programming skills
- Have experience in designing and developing software applications
- Have a high proficiency in .NET, C#, Python and Java
- Have a solid foundation in computer science, with strong competencies in data structures, algorithms, and object-oriented software design
- Have experience with open-source software development
- Are proficient in web development and C++ (advantageous)
- Have experience with user-interface and user experience (advantageous)
Qualifications / Experience
- Bachelor's degree in computer science/engineering or equivalent
- 2+ years of industry experience