Other applicable terms
Information about us
www.akt-uk.com is a site operated by AKT II Limited ("We" or “AKT II”)). We are registered in England and Wales under company number 07500271 and have our registered office at White Collar Factory, 1 Old Street Yard, London, EC1Y 8AF. Our VAT number is 106 9644 06. We are a limited company.
Changes to these terms
Changes to our site
We may update our site from time to time, and may change the content at any time. However, please note that any of the content on our site may be out of date at any given time, and we are under no obligation to update it. We do not guarantee that our site, or any content on it, will be free from errors or omissions.
Accessing our site
Our site is made available free of charge.
We do not guarantee that our site, or any content on it, will always be available or be uninterrupted. Access to our site is permitted on a temporary basis. We may suspend, withdraw, discontinue or change all or any part of our site without notice. We will not be liable to you if for any reason our site is unavailable at any time or for any period.
Intellectual property rights
We are the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights in our site, and in the material published on it. Those works are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved.
You may print off one copy, and may download extracts, of any page(s) from our site for your personal use and you may draw the attention of others within your organisation to content posted on our site.
You must not modify the paper or digital copies of any materials you have printed off or downloaded in any way, and you must not use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any graphics separately from any accompanying text.
Our status (and that of any identified contributors) as the authors of content on our site must always be acknowledged.
You must not use any part of the content on our site for commercial purposes without obtaining a license to do so from us or our licensors.
No reliance on information
The content on our site is provided for general information only. It is not intended to amount to advice on which you should rely. You must obtain professional or specialist advice before taking, or refraining from, any action on the basis of the content on our site.
Although we make reasonable efforts to update the information on our site, we make no representations, warranties or guarantees, whether express or implied, that the content on our site is accurate, complete or up-to-date.
Limitation of our liability
To the extent permitted by law, we exclude all conditions, warranties, representations or other terms which may apply to our site or any content on it, whether express or implied.
We will not be liable to any user for any loss or damage, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, even if foreseeable, arising under or in connection with:
- use of, or inability to use, our site; or
- use of or reliance on any content displayed on our site.
If you are a business user, please note that in particular, we will not be liable for:
- loss of profits, sales, business, or revenue;
- business interruption;
- loss of anticipated savings;
- loss of business opportunity, goodwill or reputation; or
- any indirect or consequential loss or damage.
If you are a consumer user, please note that we only provide our site for domestic and private use. You agree not to use our site for any commercial or business purposes, and we have no liability to you for any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption, or loss of business opportunity.
We will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by a virus, distributed denial-of-service attack, or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material due to your use of our site or to your downloading of any content on it, or on any website linked to it.
We assume no responsibility for the content of websites linked on our site. Such links should not be interpreted as endorsement by us of those linked websites. We will not be liable for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them.
The views expressed by other users on our site do not represent our views or values.
We do not guarantee that our site will be secure or free from bugs or viruses.
You are responsible for configuring your information technology, computer programmes and platform in order to access our site. You should use your own virus protection software.
You must not misuse our site by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to our site, the server on which our site is stored or any server, computer or database connected to our site. You must not attack our site via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack. By breaching this provision, you would commit a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use our site will cease immediately.
Linking to our site
You may link to our site, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it.
You must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists.
You must not establish a link to our site in any website that is not owned by you.
Our site must not be framed on any other site, nor may you create a link to any part of our site other than the home page.
We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice.
If you wish to make any use of content on our site other than that set out above, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Third party links and resources in our site
Where our site contains links to other sites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your information only.
We have no control over the contents of those sites or resources.
p.art® is a registered trademark of AKT II Limited.
AKT II or the relevant owner retains rights (including copyrights, trademarks, patents as well as any other intellectual property right) in relation to all information provided on or via this website or any other AKT II websites (including all texts, graphics and logos). Furthermore, you may not use, copy, modify, license, distribute, frame or utilise framing techniques to enclose any AKT II trademark, logo or other proprietary information (including the images found at this Site or other Sites operated throughout AKT II, the content of any text or the layout/design of any page or form contained on a page) without a license agreement issued by AKT II or where appropriate AKT II's express written consent. Further, you may not use any meta tags or any other "hidden text" utilising an AKT II name, trademark, or product name without AKT II's express written consent. Any unauthorised use of this Site will terminate the permission or license granted by these Site Terms and may violate applicable law including copyright laws, trademark laws, and communications regulations and statutes. AKT II will pursue all violators the fullest extent of the law.
AKT II’s social media pages/channels (Google+, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram and YouTube) (the “Social Media Sites”) are a place for you to learn more about AKT II. AKT II is not responsible for third party content posted or appearing on these Social Media Sites, including but not limited to content and links posted by users.
AKT II Limited does not control or endorse nor is it responsible for third party content and makes no representations regarding the accuracy of content, information, opinions, claims, or advice shared by commentators.
AKT II does not condone or allow use of social media community space for content not related to AKT II and we reserve the right to remove postings that are:
- abusive, defamatory, or obscene;
- fraudulent, deceptive or misleading;
- in violation of copyright or intellectual property laws;
- contain advertising or spam; and
- any other content that AKT II Limited may deem inappropriate.
AKT II further reserves the right to ban and block individuals who do not follow these basic rules of engagement. When visiting AKT II’s social media pages/channels on these Social Media Sites you should also be aware and familiarise yourself with the site owner’s terms of service as posted on the Sites.
If you follow us on Twitter, you can expect posts covering some or all of the following:
- Alerts about new content available from our other digital channels (news, publications, and website updates)
- Current events linked to AKT II
- Information from AKT II staff and stakeholders about our current projects
- Re-tweets of relevant news, stories and information.
We will re-tweet information on a case-by-case basis. A re-tweet from AKT II does not imply direct endorsement by the wider organisation. It is AKT II's policy not to link to the websites or work of commercial organisations unless there is a direct and relevant link to our work and everyday business activities.
Other Social Media Sites
Social Media Sites operated by AKT II may, from time to time, include discussion forums and interactive areas, including bulletin board services. Any forums and interactive areas of the Site shall be used only for non-commercial purposes. By using the forums or interactive areas, you agree not to do any of the following:
- Upload to, distribute or otherwise publish through this Site any message, data, information, text or other material ("Content") that is unlawful, libellous, defamatory, obscene, pornographic, indecent, lewd, harassing, threatening, harmful, invasive of privacy or publicity rights, abusive, inflammatory or otherwise objectionable;
- Upload or transmit any Content that would constitute or encourage a criminal offense, violate the rights of any party, or that would otherwise create liability or violate any national, or international law;
- Upload or transmit any Content that may infringe any patent, trademark, and trade secret, copyright or other intellectual or proprietary right of any party. By posting any Content, you represent and warrant that you have the lawful right to distribute and reproduce such Content;
- Impersonate any person or entity or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity; and
- Without AKT II’s written permission, distribute or publish unsolicited promotions, advertising or solicitations for funds, goods or services, including junk mail and spam.
AKT II takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Content posted or uploaded by you or any third party, or for any mistakes, defamation, slander, libel, omissions, falsehoods, obscenity, pornography or profanity you may encounter.
AKT II has the right, but not the obligation, to monitor any activity and Content associated with its forums and interactive areas. We may investigate any reported violation of our policies or complaints and take any appropriate action that we deem appropriate. Such action may include, but is not limited to, issuing warnings, suspension or termination of service, or removal of posted Content. AKT II further reserves the right and has absolute discretion, to remove, screen or edit any Content that violates these provisions or is otherwise objectionable.
In order to cooperate with legitimate governmental requests, regulatory requests or court orders, to protect AKT II's systems and clients, or to ensure the integrity and operation of AKT II's business and systems, we may access and disclose any information we consider necessary or appropriate, including, without limitation, user profile information (i.e. name, e-mail address, etc.), IP addressing and traffic information, usage history, and posted Content.
Responsibility for conduct
You shall remain solely liable for the Content of any messages or other information you upload or transmit to this Site, including the discussion forums or interactive areas of the Site. You agree to indemnify and hold harmless AKT II from any claim, action, demand, loss, or damages (including reasonable legal fees) made or incurred by any third party arising out of or relating to your conduct, your violation of these Site Terms, or your violation of any rights of a third party.
To contact us, please use the email form on the Contact page.
Thank you for visiting our site!
For the purpose of the data protection legislation, the data controller is AKT II Limited of White Collar Factory, 1 Old Street Yard, London, EC1Y 8AF and AKT II’s data protection officer is Gary Davison – Company Secretary.
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information you give us. You may give us information about you by filling in forms on our site www.akt-uk.com (our site) or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you, participate in discussion boards or other social media functions on our site, or any other activity carried out from time to time on the website where we may use data collection and also when you report a problem with our site. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number.
- Information we collect about you. With regard to each of your visits to our site we may automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) click-stream to, through and from our site (including date and time); pages you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page.
Uses made of the information
AKT II takes your privacy seriously and will only use your personal information to provide the services you have requested from us. We will only use this information subject to your instructions, relevant data protection law and our duty of confidentiality.
For Business-to-Business Clients and Contacts our lawful reason for processing your personal information will be “legitimate interests”. Under “legitimate interests” we can process your personal information if: we have a genuine and legitimate reason and we are not harming any of your rights and interests.
For Business-to-Consumer Clients and Contacts our lawful reason for processing your personal information will be “A contract with the individual” e.g. to supply services you have requested, or to fulfil obligations under a contract. This also includes steps taken at your request before entering into a contract.
We collect information on our website to process your enquiry, deal with your event registration, give advice based on survey data and improve our services. If you agree, we will also use this information to share updates with you about our services which we believe may be of interest to you.
Data analytics and benchmarking
We may use information generated and stored during your use of our services for our legitimate business interests to enable us to give you the best service and/or solutions and the best experience. These purposes include to:
- deliver advertising, marketing or information to you which may be useful to you, based on your use of services; or
- carry out research and development to improve our services; or
- develop and provide new and existing functionality and services.
Disclosure of your information
We may share your personal information with any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
We may share your information with selected third parties including:
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site;
- our service providers and agents (including their sub-contractors) or third parties which process information on our behalf (e.g. internet service and platform providers, payment processing providers and those organisations we engage to help us send communications to you) so that they may help us to provide you with the services and information you have requested or which we believe is of interest to you or for the purposes of completing tasks and providing the Services to you on our behalf. However, when we use third party service providers, we disclose only the personal information that is necessary to deliver the services and we have contracts in place that require them to keep your information secure and not to use it for their own direct marketing purposes;
- law enforcement agencies so that they may detect or prevent crime or prosecute offenders;
- any third party in the context of actual or threatened legal proceedings, provided we can do so lawfully (for example in response to a court order);
- any third party in order to meet our legal and regulatory obligations, including statutory or regulatory reporting or the detection or prevention of unlawful acts;
- another organisation to whom we may transfer our agreement with you;
- government departments where reporting is mandatory under applicable law.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
We will not share your information for marketing purposes with companies so that they may offer you their products and services.
We would like to send you information about projects, services, events of ours and other companies in our group which may be of interest to you. You have a right at any time to stop us from contacting you for marketing purposes or giving you information.
If you no longer wish to be contacted for marketing purposes, please click here to unsubscribe.
Data is held in the United Kingdom using different (multiple) servers. AKT II Limited does not store personal data outside the EEA.
We review our retention periods for personal information on a regular basis. We will hold your personal information on our systems for as long as is necessary for the relevant activity, or as long as is set out in any relevant contract you hold with us.
If you are based within the EEA or within another jurisdiction having similar data protection laws, in certain circumstances you have the following rights:
- the right to be told how we use your information and obtain access to your information;
- the right to have your information rectified or erased or place restrictions on processing your information;
- the right to object to the processing of your information e.g. for direct marketing purposes or where the processing is based on our legitimate interests;
- the right to have any information you provided to us on an automated basis returned to you in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format, or sent directly to another company, where technically feasible (“data portability”);
- where the processing of your information is based on your consent, the right to withdraw that consent subject to legal or contractual restrictions;
- the right to object to any decisions based on the automated processing of your personal data, including profiling; and
- the right to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority responsible for data protection matters (in the UK the Information Commissioner’s Office).
If you wish to exercise your right described above or for any question you may have, please contact us at email@example.com.
For complete information regarding your rights, please visit the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) website at https://ico.org.uk/for-organisations/guide-to-the-general-data-protection-regulation-gdpr/individual-rights.
Other sites and social media
If you follow a link from our website, application or service to another site or service, this Privacy Notice will no longer apply. We are not responsible for the information handling practices of third party sites or services and we encourage you to read the privacy notices appearing on those sites or services.
This website is owned and operated by AKT II Limited.
We are registered in England and Wales under registration number 07500271.
You can contact us:
- by post, to the postal address given above;
- using our website contact form;
- by telephone, on the contact number published on our website from time to time; or
- by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
These cookies are used to collect information about how our visitors use our site. We use the information to compile reports and to help us improve the site. The cookies collect information in an anonymous form, including the number of visitors to the site, where visitors have come to the site from and the pages they visited.
This cookie relates to the pop-up disclaimer on our website. It enables the website to remember your user type so that our disclaimer does not pop up every time you visit our website.
- In Internet Explorer, you can refuse all cookies by clicking “Tools”, “Internet Options”, “Privacy”, and selecting “Block all cookies” using the sliding selector.
- In Firefox, you can adjust your cookies settings by clicking “Tools”, “Options” and “Privacy”.
Blocking cookies will have a negative impact upon the usability of some websites.