For the purpose of the data protection legislation, the data controller is AKT II Limited of White Collar Factory, 1 Old Street Yard, London, EC1Y 8AF and AKT II’s data protection officer is Gary Davison – Company Secretary.
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information you give us. You may give us information about you by filling in forms on our site www.akt-uk.com (our site) or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you, participate in discussion boards or other social media functions on our site, or any other activity carried out from time to time on the website where we may use data collection and also when you report a problem with our site. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number.
- Information we collect about you. With regard to each of your visits to our site we may automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) click-stream to, through and from our site (including date and time); pages you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page.
Uses made of the information
AKT II takes your privacy seriously and will only use your personal information to provide the services you have requested from us. We will only use this information subject to your instructions, relevant data protection law and our duty of confidentiality.
For Business-to-Business Clients and Contacts our lawful reason for processing your personal information will be “legitimate interests”. Under “legitimate interests” we can process your personal information if: we have a genuine and legitimate reason and we are not harming any of your rights and interests.
For Business-to-Consumer Clients and Contacts our lawful reason for processing your personal information will be “A contract with the individual” e.g. to supply services you have requested, or to fulfil obligations under a contract. This also includes steps taken at your request before entering into a contract.
We collect information on our website to process your enquiry, deal with your event registration, give advice based on survey data and improve our services. If you agree, we will also use this information to share updates with you about our services which we believe may be of interest to you.
Data analytics and benchmarking
We may use information generated and stored during your use of our services for our legitimate business interests to enable us to give you the best service and/or solutions and the best experience. These purposes include to:
- deliver advertising, marketing or information to you which may be useful to you, based on your use of services; or
- carry out research and development to improve our services; or
- develop and provide new and existing functionality and services.
Disclosure of your information
We may share your personal information with any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
We may share your information with selected third parties including:
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site;
- our service providers and agents (including their sub-contractors) or third parties which process information on our behalf (e.g. internet service and platform providers, payment processing providers and those organisations we engage to help us send communications to you) so that they may help us to provide you with the services and information you have requested or which we believe is of interest to you or for the purposes of completing tasks and providing the Services to you on our behalf. However, when we use third party service providers, we disclose only the personal information that is necessary to deliver the services and we have contracts in place that require them to keep your information secure and not to use it for their own direct marketing purposes;
- law enforcement agencies so that they may detect or prevent crime or prosecute offenders;
- any third party in the context of actual or threatened legal proceedings, provided we can do so lawfully (for example in response to a court order);
- any third party in order to meet our legal and regulatory obligations, including statutory or regulatory reporting or the detection or prevention of unlawful acts;
- another organisation to whom we may transfer our agreement with you;
- government departments where reporting is mandatory under applicable law.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
We will not share your information for marketing purposes with companies so that they may offer you their products and services.
We would like to send you information about projects, services, events of ours and other companies in our group which may be of interest to you. You have a right at any time to stop us from contacting you for marketing purposes or giving you information.
If you no longer wish to be contacted for marketing purposes, please click here to unsubscribe.
Data is held in the United Kingdom using different (multiple) servers. AKT II Limited does not store personal data outside the EEA.
We review our retention periods for personal information on a regular basis. We will hold your personal information on our systems for as long as is necessary for the relevant activity, or as long as is set out in any relevant contract you hold with us.
If you are based within the EEA or within another jurisdiction having similar data protection laws, in certain circumstances you have the following rights:
- the right to be told how we use your information and obtain access to your information;
- the right to have your information rectified or erased or place restrictions on processing your information;
- the right to object to the processing of your information e.g. for direct marketing purposes or where the processing is based on our legitimate interests;
- the right to have any information you provided to us on an automated basis returned to you in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format, or sent directly to another company, where technically feasible (“data portability”);
- where the processing of your information is based on your consent, the right to withdraw that consent subject to legal or contractual restrictions;
- the right to object to any decisions based on the automated processing of your personal data, including profiling; and
- the right to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority responsible for data protection matters (in the UK the Information Commissioner’s Office).
If you wish to exercise your right described above or for any question you may have, please contact us at email@example.com.
For complete information regarding your rights, please visit the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) website at https://ico.org.uk/for-organisations/guide-to-the-general-data-protection-regulation-gdpr/individual-rights.
Other sites and social media
If you follow a link from our website, application or service to another site or service, this Privacy Notice will no longer apply. We are not responsible for the information handling practices of third party sites or services and we encourage you to read the privacy notices appearing on those sites or services.
This website is owned and operated by AKT II Limited.
We are registered in England and Wales under registration number 07500271.
You can contact us:
- by post, to the postal address given above;
- using our website contact form;
- by telephone, on the contact number published on our website from time to time; or
- by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.